Want something to warm you up on a cold morning with a cup of coffee? Look no further.
I made this today and it was great. The only substitutions I made were, I didn’t have chia seeds so I just added less milk also I didn’t have almond milk so I just used skim milk.
I’ve been meaning to find a good oatmeal recipe, I want to get into the habit of making breakfast every morning instead of just on weekends.
My fear was that it was going to be too sweet, but it was perfect.
This oatmeal is flawless behold it’s beauty…
- 1/3 cup regular oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger + pinch of kosher salt
- 1 + 1/4 cups Almond Milk
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1-1.5 tablespoon pure maple syrup + more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, for sprinkling on top
1. In a medium sized pot over medium heat, whisk together the 1/3 cup oats, peeled and chopped apple, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1.25 cups Almond milk, 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger, pinch of kosher salt. Whisk well.
2. Heat over medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring often. When the mixture thickens and the liquid is absorbed, it is ready. Stir in the pure vanilla extract.
3. Pour into a dish and sprinkle with chopped walnuts, a pinch of cinnamon, and a drizzle of pure maple syrup. Add a tiny bit of almond milk on top
Inspired by : http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/24/apple-pie-oatmeal/#ixzz3KEl1vfHp