Officially half way through this month, it’s been awesome so far.
This recipe is fairly easy you have two options you can make it the day before and marinade it ( I recommend it ), but if you like me and you don’t normally think far ahead of enough to make your lunch/ dinner for the next day THEN just let it marinade for an hour or so.
Pop it in the oven, goes great with roasted sweet potatoes and a spinach salad! Easy to make with a couple ingredients on a busy night.
Balsamic Chicken Breasts
- 4-8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large cloves of garlic, smashed
- ⅓ cup oil (your choice – canola, vegetable, olive)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of Italian Dressing or any other oil based dressing of your choice ( besides balsamic)
- 1 or 2 springs of fresh rosemary ( don’t used dried)
- Trim all fat from the boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Place the trimmed chicken pieces in a large zipper seal bag.
- Add the sliced onion, smashed garlic cloves, oil, soy sauce, vinegar and dressing to the bag with the chicken. Seal the back tightly, removing as much of the excess air from the bag as possible.
- Gently squeeze all of the contents of the bag so that the ingredients mix together and all of the chicken is coated. Place the bag in a large bowl or on a plate (in case the bag leaks) and place in the refrigerator.
- Allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator overnight – or for a few hours
- Remove chicken from oven and drizzle with a couple tablespoons of balsamic vinegar- this step is optional. Serve with a fresh sprig of rosemary.When ready to cook preheat oven for 400°F for about 20–25 minutes or until the chicken is an internal temperature of 170°F.
Thanks for reading,