Decided to change it up today, time for breakfast.
I will be honest I don’t love pancakes ( I’m more of a waffle gal), but these are truly the best pancakes ever. The secret it making your own buttermilk which is really just milk with some sort of acid in it, in this case it is vinegar; in the past I’ve used lemons.
They are just special and different than most pancakes.
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- cooking spray
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into “soured” milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
Thanks for reading,